For the third year in a row, EIT RawMaterials is organizing the annual Raw & Circular Economy Expedition (RACE). The RACE is a challenge-based learning journey along the entire “Raw Materials for Future Mobility” supply chain”, where students learn about the latest trends, challenges and interlinkages in exploration & mining, design & manufacturing, followed by use and ending with closing loops. With transportation accounting for 25% of all CO2 emissions in Europe, it is paramount that Europe transitions to clean, affordable, equitableforms of future mobility.
- LECTURES: During the RACE students from diverse disciplinary and cultural background come together to hear from leading experts on “raw materials for future mobility” topics covering digitalization, policy frameworks, economics, global supply chains, creating a start-up, recovery technologies, and many more. Our speakers come from Northvolt, Global Battery Alliance, Eaton, Fraunhofer, Leiden University, International Raw Materials Observatory, Circularise, DuPont Sustainable Solutions and many more!
- VIRTUAL INDUSTRY TOURS: There will also be virtual industry tours of our long-running RACE partners Audi and Umicore. You will have the opportunity to see first-hand to get an in-depth glimpse into the operations of two of leading actors in the “Raw Materials for Future Mobility” supply chain.
- HR SESSIONS: Through the RACE we also aim to help students find opportunities – from a thesis topic to an internship to your first job after studying. Therefore, we facilitate HR sessions with select companies. This year we have the pleasure of having Northvolt and Imerys offering HR sessions. Moreover, you will have the chance to meet and expand your network with the hosts, experts and organisers of the RACE.
- START-UP IDEAS: Moreover, you can join the RACER track and bring or join a team and work together to develop and pitch a start-up idea to one of the challenges sourced from our RACE 2021 Hosts: Finnish Minerals Group, Eaton, Erion Energy, Energy and Strategy. There will be a final pitching competition at the end of the RACE and winning teams will receive prizes, which include further support and mentoring from EIT RawMaterials Education and Business Development colleagues. We will provide you with the guidance, support and network to mature and grow your start-up idea.
- COACHING SESSIONS: Get all the tips and tricks on mastering your pitch with our expert coach.
Register HERE for the RACE 2021! Joining the RACE 2021 is open to all at no cost! RACE 2021 will take place online from 20 September – 7 October 2021, with as much commitment as you want. You can watch the lectures only. You can work offline with your team on your start-up idea. You can connect to RACE organisers, speakers and hosts to find out more, e.g. thesis and internship opportunities. It’s up to you! Register here!
Looking forward to seeing you at the RACE 2021!
RACE 2021 Organisers