Dear Incoming Students,
welcome to the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Milano-Bicocca!
This section provides useful information for all students coming from abroad to study at our university.
Our project encourages international students to meet up with Italian students to practice their Italian and teach the Italian students more about their language and culture.
Please consult the following pages for a list of the Erasmus bilateral agreements active at our department:
In the following, you can find essential information about the Environmental Sciences courses offered at our Department.
Bachelor of Science
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGIES
The three-year BSc provides essential knowledge and practical skills. To build a solid foundation in the environmental sciences, students will develop key knowledge in mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology, ecology, geology, law. The interdisciplinary approach across the degree course ensures that graduates will be able to:
- analyse the environment in its biotic and abiotic components;
- identify the specific problems of both natural and man-modified environments.
Graduates will be equipped with a wide range of skills suitable for progressing onto further study or employment. These skills include:
- data gathering, information retrieval, organizing and communicating information;
- ability to work effectively on one’s own and as part of a team;
- verbal and written communication skills in Italian and at least another European language.
Graduates with an environmental science background find employment with public agencies and private companies undertaking technical roles in areas including environmental monitoring, sustainability strategy and policy, land remediation, environmental protection, nature conservation, environmental management, environmental education.
Master of Science
SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGIES FOR ENVIRONMENT AND LANDSCAPE
The two-year MSc is a flexibly structured and coherent programme of study that prepares for employment in a variety of careers. Students will have the opportunity to develop specialist knowledge and understanding in a chosen area of the environmental sciences, whilst maintaining a broader view of the environment on an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary basis. The programme aims to provide students with:
- a thorough understanding of the functioning and management of the environment and of the interactions of the environment and society;
- the knowledge of methods and techniques of land survey and data analysis;
- the knowledge of the technologies for pollution prevention, detection, control and remediation;
- the conceptual tools to identify, prevent, assess, and manage risk and protect human health and the environment;
- the ability to monitor, control and manage environment and ecological systems;
- the conceptual understanding of sustainability and environmental ethics;
- skills for the assessment of environmental resources and problems associated with their exploitation;
- the conceptual and methodological tools provided by economics, law and landscape planning.
The course prepares students for work in both the public and private sectors, and within local and national institutions. Some students also proceed to PhD level study after this course.
For more information please write an e-mail: